Renewable Energy Career
Looking for a job can be a daunting task, especially when you’re looking to launch your career in renewable energy. Here are some helpful insights to put your best foot forward during your job search.
- Get Certified – Getting the appropriate certifications can add up to larger starting pay and rapid promotions. Get your start in solar by becoming a solar PV associate.
- Prepare your Resume/CV – We recommend doing this well in advance of your job hunt. Look for word processing templates that match the job you are applying to stand out!
- Build Connections – Build your network up while in the early stages of your job hunt. Attend meetups and events for others who are passionate about clean energy. In no time, there will opportunities radiating your way.
- Use a Headhunter – Employment agencies are sometimes a good way to secure a difficult to find job. The pay can be diminished and contracts can be one sided so make sure to negotiated the terms before signing anything.
- Be Relentless – Ever tried following up in person at a company you have applied for online? Some companies state they do not want this attention but if they don’t it is a great way to so exuberance and passion.
- Never Give Up – Finally, if you have made it all the way through learning about renewable energy and educating yourself…why give up? Keep moving through the challenges by breaking up your job hunt into small, attainable goals. Meet a goal each day and your confidence will soar within weeks.