BPI Building Analyst
Ecotech Training’s BPI Building Analyst Professional course aligns with the professional standards of excellence set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This BPI training will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills, and certification preparation needed to excel in the home energy performance industry. Review the “Why Take This Course?” tab to see if this course is the right fit for you.
Ecotech Training is a privately owned online training course provider.
This page contains affiliate links from our trusted partners.
BPI Building Analyst Live Training Course Package
- ● 2 days of classroom training and 8 hours of live field BPI training
- ● Ecotech Training Energy Auditing Essentials Textbook
- ● A copy of the BPI Technical Standards
- ● Live review session with practice questions
- ● All scheduling and fees for both the written exam and field test
- ● Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
- * This class is eligible for student financing to help spread out the cost of enrollment. Call for more info.
● The BPI Building Analyst Certification is required in order to apply to become a BPI Goldstar Contractor.
● Participants will gain energy auditing skills that can immediately be applied in the field.
● The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation.
Course Objectives:● Have an understanding of the various types systems within a home, their components and functions, and how they inter-operate.
● Know the process of completing a BPI energy audit to Building Analyst Standards and be able to communicate this to customers.
● Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system condition, identify savings opportunities, and prepare a work-scope with meaningful, cost-effective solutions.
● Pass the BPI Building Analyst written and field exams.
● Section 1: What is BPI?
● Section 2: Building Science Basics
● Section 3: Exterior Audit (Building Shell)
● Section 4: Exterior Audit (Windows & Doors)
● Section 5: Exterior Audit (Air Leakages)
● Section 6: Insulation Audit
● Section 7: Lighting and Appliances Audit
● Section 8: Heating Systems Audit
● Section 9: Cooling Systems Audit
● Section 10: Water Heating System Audit
● Section 11: Health & Safety
● Section 12: Assessment Process – The Audit
● Section 13: Assessment Process – Overview
Field Training Outline:
● AM – Field Training – Audit Demonstration
● PM – Field Training – Candidate Audit Hands-On
● 8:00 am-10:00 am Review for Written Test
● 10:00 am-12:00 pm Online Test
● 1:00 pm-5:00 pm Field Test (2-hour slots)
Extra testing, if needed
● 9:00 am-5:00 pm Field Test (2-hour slots)
*Testing will be provided through a third-party BPI Testing Center. All scheduling and testing fees will be covered by your tuition.
● 2 days of classroom training and 8 hours of live field BPI training
● Ecotech Training Energy Auditing Essentials Textbook
● A copy of the BPI Technical Standards
● Live review session with practice questions
● All scheduling and fees for both the written exam and field test
Step 1: TrainingTake a BPI BA course with Ecotech Training.
Step 2: ExamThe BPI Building Analyst exams will be provided directly after the course. In order to pass the written and field exams, you will need to do the following:
● Take a 100-question written exam and field exam that covers the fundamentals of building science as well as knowledge specific to the certification being attempted.
● Complete the application exam successfully, with an overall score of 70% or higher.
● Complete the Combustion Appliance Zone (CAZ) and Carbon Monoxide (CO) sections of the field exams with a grade of 85% or higher.
Step 3: Certification● The process time for exam results are 4-6 weeks
Step 4: Recertification● Consult the BPI Certification Renewal Policy to maintain your certification.
What is the Average Salary and Amount of Work Available for Energy Auditors?
The national average salary for an energy auditor is $64,030, and the industry is expected to add over 600,000 jobs over the next 10 years.
Why Get BPI Certified?
Simply put, BPI Certification makes you a more attractive candidate for employment. Moreover, BPI certified auditors can point to their certification as an assurance of quality for customers. There are many low-cost, low-benefit options available for home owners. These certifications will allow you to justify a higher-cost, high-benefit service.
When and Where Do the Exams Take Place?
The 100-question written exams are administered after a morning review on the second day of training. Each field exam is a 2-hour one-on-one exam proctored by a BPI Testing Center taken in a 2 hour slot in the days following training in a field house nearby your training location. Remember, this course includes two certification exams.
Great Experience. I do not hesitate in saying that Ecotech Training Education changed my life. I was unemployed and unhappy last year, and after Ecotech Training Education helped me find a great funding opportunity, I enrolled in their Newark, NJ Building Analyst / Envelope & Shell Professional Combination course. A year later, I am employed and my employer just paid for me to enroll in Ecotech Training Education’s Solar PV Bootcamp course. I can not recommend this company’s training more.
© 2020 Ecotech Training – All Rights Reserved