BPI Envelope Professional
Ecotech Training’s BPI Envelope Professional course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This advanced energy auditor training will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills, and certification preparation needed to excel in the home energy performance industry. Review the “Why Take This Course?” tab to see if this course is the right fit for you.
● The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation.
Course Objectives:● Have an understanding of the various types of systems within a home, their components and functions, and how they inter-operate.
● Know the process of completing an audit of a building’s envelope and be able to communicate this to customers.
● Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system condition, identify savings opportunities, and prepare a work scope with meaningful, cost-effective retrofit solutions.
● Pass the BPI Envelope Professional written and fields exam.
● Section 1: Energy Basics
● Section 2: Moisture
● Section 3: Thermal Boundary
● Section 4: Pressured Boundary
● Section 5: Mechanical Ventilation
● Section 6: Pressure Diagnostics
● Section 7: Forced Air Distribution System
● Section 8: Combustion Safety
● Recap of BPI Standards
● Blower door testing
● CAZ testing
● Duct blaster testing
● Heat loss determination
● Ecotech Training Envelope Professional Student Manual
● A copy of the BPI Technical Standards
● Live review session with practice questions
● All exam fees, written and field exam scheduling
● Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
Step 1: TrainingTake a BPI Envelope Professional course with Ecotech Training.
Step 2: ExamThe BPI Envelope Professional exams will be provided directly after the course. In order to pass the written and field exam you will need to do the following:
● Take a 100-question written exam and field exam that covers the fundamentals of building science as well as knowledge specific to the certification being attempted
● Complete the application exam successfully, with an overall score of 70% or higher.
● Complete the Combustion Appliance Zone (CAZ) and Carbon Monoxide (CO) sections of the field exams with a grade of 85% or higher.
Step 3: Certification● The process time for exam results are 4-6 weeks
Step 4: Recertification● Consult the BPI Certification Renewal Policy to maintain your certification.
What is the Average Salary and Amount of Work Available for Energy Auditors?
The national average salary for an energy auditor is $64,030, and the industry is expected to add over 600,000 jobs over the next 10 years.
Why Get BPI Certified?
Simply put, BPI Certification makes you a more attractive candidate for employment. Moreover, BPI certified auditors can point to their certification as an assurance of quality for customers. There are many low-cost, low-benefit options available for home owners. These certifications will allow you to justify a higher cost, high-benefit service.
When and Where Do the Exams Take Place?
The 100-question written exams are administered after a morning review on the second day of training. Each field exam is a 2-hour one-on-one exam proctored by a BPI Testing Center taken in a 2 hour slot in the days following training in a field house nearby your training location. Remember, this course includes two certification exams.
Ecotech Training is a privately owned online training course provider.
This page contains affiliate links from our trusted partners.
BPI Envelope Professional Live Training Course Package
- ● 2 days of classroom training and 8 hours of live field training
- ● Ecotech Training Envelope Professional Student Manual
- ● A copy of the BPI Technical Standards
- ● Live review session with practice questions
- ● All exam fees, written and field exam scheduling
- ● Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
- * This class is eligible for student financing to help spread out the cost of enrollment. Call for more info.
Great Experience. I do not hesitate in saying that Ecotech Training Education changed my life. I was unemployed and unhappy last year, and after Ecotech Training Education helped me find a great funding opportunity, I enrolled in their Newark, NJ Building Analyst / Envelope & Shell Professional Combination course. A year later, I am employed and my employer just paid for me to enroll in Ecotech Training Education’s Solar PV Bootcamp course. I can not recommend this company’s training more.