LEED AP Building Design and Construction
Ecotech Training’s LEED AP Building Design + Construction course aligns with the professional standards of excellence set forth by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills, and accreditation preparation needed to show advanced knowledge of green building design and construction. Review the “Why Take This Course?” tab to see if this course is the right fit for you.
● The ever-increasing number of buildings seeking LEED Certification means that project managers and owners are seeking to hire those individuals with LEED AP qualifications for their knowledge of the LEED process and green building practices.
● The course can be taken either in person or online
● Participants will gain knowledge green building practices that can immediately be applied to the field.
● The green building industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation.
Course Objectives:● Section 1: Introduction to USGBC and LEED rating systems
● Section 2: Exam Overview
● Section 3: How to Interpret the Reference Guide
● Section 4: LEED Logistics and Process
● Section 5: LEED Online Documentation Requirements
● Section 6: LEED Online Documentation Requirements
● Section 7: Sustainable Sites
● Section 8: Water Efficiency
● Section 9: Energy and Atmosphere
AgendaDay 1 Course Outline:
● Section 1: Green Associate Exam Overview
● Section 2: Green Building Basics; LEED and the LEED Process
● Section 3: Sustainable Sites
● Section 4: Water Efficiency
● Section 5: Energy and Atmosphere
● Section 6: Materials and Resources
● Section 7: Indoor Environmental Quality
● Section 8: Innovation and Design Process; Innovation In Operations
● Section 9: Regional Priority Credits
● Section 10: Smart Location and Linkages
● Section 11: Awareness and Education
● Section 12: Synergies
Day 2 Course Outline:
● Section 10: Materials and Resources
● Section 11: Indoor Environmental Quality
● Section 12: Innovation and Design
● Section 13: Regional Priority
● Section 14: Prerequisites, Synergism Referenced Standards, and Responsible Parties In-Depth
● Section 15: Exam Tips and Suggestion
● Section 16: Practice Exam
● 2-day live course with classroom instruction
● Both Options Include
● 400 practice exam questions
● Ecotech Training Pass Guarantee: If you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may retake the course at no additional cost
Ecotech Training’s LEED AP Design and Construction course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized LEED BD+C AP Certification.
Here are the steps to become eligible for, and successfully pass, the LEED BD+C exam:
Step 1: Training
● Take a LEED BD+C course with Ecotech Training in your area or online
Step 2: Applying for your exam
● Visit the GBCI website to apply for your exam at gbci.org.
● Follow the instructions on the GBCI website to complete the application.
● You will receive an email within one business day containing your Eligibility ID and instructions for scheduling your exam. After you receive the email, login at prometric.com/gbci and enter your Eligibility ID number to schedule your exam date and location.
Step 3: Eligibility Requirements
● To take the LEED AP exams, you must have previous experience, within three years of your application submittal date, on a LEED-registered or certified project.
● This work experience must be documented through LEED Online or in the form of a letter or attestation from a supervisor, client, or project manager, and must describe your involvement on the project as a consultant, public or private sector personnel who review projects pursuing LEED Certification as part of an approval process, contracted worker, member of the LEED Project Team, LEED Homes Green Rater, or staff member of a Certifying Body (CB).
Step 4: Exam Scheduling
● Got to prometric.com/gbci to schedule an exam appointment.
Step 5: Exam Format
● The LEED AP exam is comprised of 100 randomly delivered multiple-choice questions and must be completed in 2 hours.
● The exams are computer-based
Step 6: Exam Results
● All LEED Professional exams are scored between 125 and 200.
● All score of 170 or higher is required to pass.
● For the LEED AP combined exams, you must earn a 170 or higher on both parts within the same application period to earn the credential.
Step 7: Passing the Exam
● As soon as you have passed the exam, you can use the title “LEED AP” followed by your specialty or specialties (BD+C).
● Once your exam results have been processed, you can request your certificate in My Credentials in the GBCI website.
● Certificates are available in two forms:
● PDF softcopy (available for download at any time for free).
● Hardcopy (one free per reporting period additional copies are $25 each).
Step 9: Credential Maintenance Program
● LEED APs must complete 30 continuing education (CE) hours biennially. For more information on credential maintenance, see Ecotech Training.
What is the Difference Between LEED Certification and LEED Accreditation?
Buildings earn LEED Certification. Individuals who pass one of the LEED credentialing exams become LEED Accredited.
Why Get Your LEED Accreditation?
There are several career paths to which LEED knowledge can be applied. Typically, if you are already in the construction industry (such as an architect, contractor, or interior designer), you can use LEED to enhance your knowledge of sustainable methods and technologies, and offer their customers more services. For those new to the industry, becoming a LEED Green Associate will allow you to work on projects seeking LEED Certification, which is a prerequisite to the more advanced, specialty LEED Accreditation
When and Where to I Take the Exam?
LEED exams are scheduled by appointment at Prometric Testing Centers and are computer-based tests. That means you can schedule an exam at a local testing center (there are over 400 nationwide and at least one in every major city) at a time that is convenient for you. Testing centers are typically open six days a week. Since all LEED exams are computer-based, you will find out the results of your exam instantly.