Ecotech Training’s LEED AP Building Design + Construction course aligns with the professional standards of excellence set forth by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills, and accreditation preparation needed to show advanced knowledge of green building design and construction. Review the “Why Take This Course?” tab to see if this course is the right fit for you.
Ecotech Training is a privately owned online training course provider.
● Online course with 8 hours of self-paced material
● 2-day live course with classroom instruction
● Both Options Include
● 400 practice exam questions
Ecotech Training’s LEED AP Design and Construction course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized LEED AP BD+C Certification.
Here are the steps to become eligible for, and successfully pass, the LEED AP BD+C exam:
● Take a LEED AP BD+C course with Ecotech Training in your area or online
Visit the USGBC website, usgbc.org and follow instructions on the USGBC website.
● Got to prometric.com/gbci to schedule an exam appointment.
● The LEED AP exam is comprised of 100 randomly delivered multiple-choice questions and must be completed in 2 hours.
● The exams are computer-based
● All LEED Professional exams are scored between 125 and 200.
● All score of 170 or higher is required to pass.
● For the LEED AP combined exams, you must earn a 170 or higher on both parts within the same application period to earn the credential.
● As soon as you have passed the exam, you can use the title “LEED AP” followed by your specialty or specialties (BD+C).
● Once your exam results have been processed, you can request your certificate in My Credentials in the GBCI website.
● Certificates are available in two forms:
● PDF softcopy (available for download at any time for free).
● Hardcopy (one free per reporting period additional copies are $25 each).
● LEED APs must complete 30 continuing education (CE) hours biennially. For more information on credential maintenance, see Ecotech Training.
$599 Please contact us as a 5% discount is available.
Buildings earn LEED Certification. Individuals who pass one of the LEED credentialing exams become LEED Accredited.
There are several career paths to which LEED knowledge can be applied. Typically, if you are already in the construction industry (such as an architect, contractor, or interior designer), you can use LEED to enhance your knowledge of sustainable methods and technologies, and offer their customers more services. For those new to the industry, becoming a LEED Green Associate will allow you to work on projects seeking LEED Certification, which is a prerequisite to the more advanced, specialty LEED Accreditation
LEED exams are scheduled by appointment at Prometric Testing Centers and are computer-based tests. That means you can schedule an exam at a local testing center (there are over 400 nationwide and at least one in every major city) at a time that is convenient for you. Testing centers are typically open six days a week. Since all LEED exams are computer-based, you will find out the results of your exam instantly.