Ecotech Training’s Solar PV Associate Training is designed to the professional standards of excellence set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course is designed to introduce solar energy theory and prepare participants to pass the NABCEP PV Associate Exam. Review the “Why Take This Course” tab to see if this course is the right fit for you.
Ecotech Training is a privately owned online training course provider.
There are affiliate links on this page.
● Ecotech Training, connects you with a NABCEP PV Associate Exam Provider.
● As the solar industry continues to grow, a steadily growing supply of qualified solar installers, equipped with a solar certification, will be needed to support the build-out.
● Quality solar training gives employers and customers a degree of certainty that practitioners have voluntarily met the high standards demanded by those who work in the industry.
● This solar energy training course was designed using industry standard learning objectives.
● Participants will gain solar installation skills that can immediately be applied in the field.
● The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation -it pays to become a solar installer.
This solar technology training course will prepare students to successfully pass the NABCEP PV Associate Exam, as well as prepare students with the base knowledge and skills necessary to start their career in the solar industry.
● Section 1: Markets and Applications
● Section 2: Solar Safety
● Section 3: Electrical Basics
● Section 4: Solar Energy Fundamentals
● Section 5: PV Module Fundamentals
● Section 6: System Components
● Section 7: PV System Sizing
● Section 8: PV Electrical Design
● Section 9: PV System and Mechanical Design
● Section 10: Performance Analysis, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
● Section 11: NABCEP Associate PV Exam Information
● Section 12: Inspiration and Conclusions
● 40 hours of self-paced online solar energy training
● Learn potential questions for the NABCEP PV Associate Exam
● Live classroom and hands-on solar installation training (for dedicated training sessions only). NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE DUE TO PANDEMIC.
Ecotech Training’s Solar PV Associate course prepares and qualifies participants for the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Associate credential. For full details on how to qualify for, obtain, and maintain the credential visit www.nabcep.org.
The solar industry has been doubling in size every year for the past 4 years, and this trend is expected to continue. There are over 170,000 professionals in the solar industry.
The NABCEP PV Associate credential shows that you have a basic level of experience, as well as in-depth knowledge and training in solar system design and installation. This is not required when looking for employment, but can sometimes be the deciding factor between otherwise equally qualified candidates.
I completed the PV system mechanical design module the other day. Then the next morning our solar installation company Positive Energy NY headed off to do a residential roof mount in Schenectady and I felt on top of my game because all the racking was fresh in my mind and it definitely showed. We used a Unirac rail system and I knew the ins and outs of how it all fit together; the install went very smoothly.