Advanced Solar PV Training
Ecotech Training’s Advanced Solar PV Training was designed to the professional standards of excellence set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course will provide participants with advanced solar installation skills and knowledge needed, and the training hours required, to be eligible for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Exam. Review the “Why Take This Course” tab to see if this course is the right fit for you.
Ecotech Training is a privately owned online training course provider.
There are affiliate links on this page.
● Ecotech Training’s Online Advanced Solar PV training provides 40 of the 58 solar training hours for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Exam.
● As the solar industry continues to mature, employers and customers are beginning to expect advanced training for installers.
● Participants in this course will have the opportunity to gain the advanced knowledge needed to stand out as a trained and qualified solar installer, business owner, project manager or system designer.
● This solar energy training course was designed to cover the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Job Task Analysis.
● Participants will gain solar installation skills that can immediately be applied in the field.
● The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation-it pays to become a solar installer.
AgendaSection 1 Course Outline:
● Section A1: Verify System Design
● Section A2: Review Site Survey
● Section A3: Confirm System Sizing
● Section A4: Review Design of Energy Storage Systems
● Section A5: Confirm String Sizing Calculations
● Section A6: Review System Components
● Section A7: Review Wiring and Conduit Size Calculations
Section 2 Course Outline:
● Section A8: Review Overcurrent Protection
● Section A9: Review Fastener Selection
● Section A10: Review Plan Sets
● Section B1: Conduct Pre-Construction Meetings
● Section B2: Secure Permits and Approval
● Section B3: Manage Project Labor
● Section B4: Adapt System Design
Section 3 Course Outline:
● Section B5: Manage Project Equipment
● Section B6: Implement A Site-Specific Safety Plan
● Section C1: Mitigate Electrical Hazards
● Section C2: Install Grounding Systems
● Section C3: Install Conduit and Raceways
● Section C4: Install Electrical Components
● Section C5: Install Circuit Conductors
Section 4 Course Outline:
● Section C6: Install Utility Interconnections
● Section C7: Install Utility System Instrumentation
● Section C8: Install Battery Components
● Section D1: Install Equipment Foundations
● Section D2: Install Mounting System
● Section D3: Install PV Modules
● Section E1: Test the System
Section 5 Course Outline:
● Section E2: Commission the System
● Section E3: Complete System Documentation
● Section E4: Orient Customer to System
● Section F1: Conducting Maintenance and Troubleshooting
● Section F2: Perform Visual Inspection
● Section F3: Verify System Operation
● Section F4: Verify Effectiveness of Corrective Action
● 40-hour online self-paced course
● Learn practice questions for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Exam in the course
● Apply Hours toward the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Exam
Ecotech Training’s Advanced Solar Design and Installation course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification. For full details on how to qualify for, obtain, and maintain the certification visit www.nabcep.org.
How Much Work is Available for Solar Installers?
The solar industry has been doubling in size every year for the past 4 years, and this trend is expected to continue. There are over 170,000 professionals in the solar industry.
I completed the PV system mechanical design module the other day. Then the next morning our solar installation company Positive Energy NY headed off to do a residential roof mount in Schenectady and I felt on top of my game because all the racking was fresh in my mind and it definitely showed. We used a Unirac rail system and I knew the ins and outs of how it all fit together; the install went very smoothly.
Solar PV Advanced OnDemand Course
- Start your course immediately in our learning management system! This package includes:
- ● 40-hour online self-paced course
- ● 100 practice questions for the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Exam in the course
- ● 40 Advanced Contact Hours toward the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Exam
- ● NEC Code Book Viewable Online